These services are recommended to be carried out every 10,000 km or 6 months, whichever comes first.(some manufacturers recommend this be done earlier, please refer to your dealer log book for more information) The price varies depending on the make & model of your vehicle, parts and type of oil required, priced from $125* for petrol cars only. Commercial, 4X4, diesel, and some imported cars extra (conditions apply)
- Replace the engine oil & filter
- Check & top up any fluids (coolant, brake fluid & battery)
- Full under car check
- Inspect belts, hoses, lights & switches
- Inspect brakes, tyres & pressure
- Free washer additive top up
- Carry out a safety inspection & written report on items needing attention
This service is recommended to be carried out every 20,000 km or 12 months, or as your dealer log book requires, priced from $280* inclusive of parts and labour, for petrol sedan type cars only (*conditions apply). This service consists of the Minor service as above, plus:
- Cooling system check
- Tune up / adjust fuel mixture
- Check ignition timing
- Replace spark plugs if required**
- Replace fuel filter
- Replace air filter
- Adjust hand brake if required
- Diagnostic scan of ECU
- Full undercar inspection & written report on items needed
- Free washer additive & fuel additive
- Inspect brakes & tyre pressures
**Standard Spark Plugs only (iridium, platinum, semi surface & project gap type plugs extra)
ROADWORTHY INSPECTIONS/ SAFETY CERTIFICATES
- RWCâ€™s on Motorbikes Cars and Light Vehicles up to 4.5 tonnes.
- Pre purchase inspections $129
- Cars/4WDâ€™s $79 including consumables
- Motorbikes/ Mopeds/ Scooters $52 including consumables
Why do I need a roadworthy? Transferring your registration from interstate to QLD, Buying/Selling a vehicle… To ensure your vehicle is safe to use on a road and allow you to conduct business transactions concerning your vehicle with the Department of Transport and Main Roads with the required documentation.
It is a requirement in QLD for the seller of a vehicle to obtain a current Roadworthy Certificate BEFORE the vehicle is advertised for sale, and Display the Blue RWC Cover Sheet in the window of the vehicle.
Grimmoâ€™s Garage is an approved inspection station (AIS) mechanical workshop approved by the Department of Transport and Main Roads for the purpose of issuing safety certificates and certificates of inspection. Vehicles are inspected by (Jason) an approved examiner (AE) who has been accredited by the Department of Transport and Main Roads.
AIR CONDITIONING SERVICE & REPAIRSÂ Â RTA Number AU4150
Â NEW TYRES FITTED AND BALANCED FROM $39 incÂ
Any Modifications to motor vehicles registered in QLD must comply with state legislations.
such as engine swaps, turbo conversions and brake conversions require an inspection to be performed and certified by a QLD Transport approved person. These are some of the modifications Grimmoâ€™s Garage can authorise..
- Engine changes/Upgrades (performance engines)
- Gearbox Changes
- Brake Upgrades
- Fuel Tank & Fuel System Upgrades
- Performance Upgrades e.g. ECU, Camshafts, Exhaust Systems, Carburettors etc.
- Seating changes upgrades/ or seating reductions
- Child Restraints
- Roll cages